Director Public Affairs (m/f/d)
Portland is looking for a
Director Public Affairs (m/f/d)
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy with dedicated specialists experienced in the development and implementation of public affairs and communications strategies.
Trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world, we have global offices in Berlin, Paris, Brussels, London, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
Our services include political and regulatory risk, integrated advocacy campaigns, reputation management, and crisis communications. We have extensive experience in a wide range of policy areas, including digital and data protection, antitrust and trade law, transport, healthcare, environment and circular economy, financial services and fisheries. We understand national, European and global politics, how their stakeholders interact and where risks and opportunities lie for businesses.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to deliver their objectives.
Portland is a very results-driven business, with an unswerving focus on quality. To achieve this we need to work collaboratively in a fun environment. We laugh, we strategise, we discuss, but we remember what is the most important: advancing the interests of our clients.
We are looking for a Director to join and lead our Berlin team.
Our work is fast-paced, European and global in scope. We seek a highly-motivated individual who brings a real passion for German and EU affairs, with a very good understanding of the German political system and media landscape.
You will be responsible for providing day-to-day leadership, sound management and strategic direction in both the development of new strands of business activity and the serving of existing high-level and prestigious clients in the healthcare, development and sports sector.
You will also have a head of office role, leading a small but talented team and growing the office in line with the company’s objectives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership, direction, support, encouragement and opportunities for professional development to members of your client and new business teams
- Successfully manage client account budgets and team workloads, ensuring appropriate levels of account profitability
- Provide strategic advice on policy and media issues
- Design and implement regional and global campaign plan for clients, including media and digital communications
- Develop messaging and content that resonate in the German communications landscape
- Contribute actively to the overall new business strategy and operations of the company.
- Promote the Portland brand in the marketplace
Below is a list of basic conditions we would ideally love our next colleague to meet. But most of all we are interested in meeting interesting people, people who question why decisions are made, people who are intellectually curious about the world around them, people who are able to come up with creative solutions.
- You have min. 6 years of proven industry experience in political communication, public affairs, policy development and negotiation, or journalism within the Berlin environment.
- You thrive on managing complex issues and projects and also have a profound understanding of the policy-making process and media landscape in Germany
- With sound political judgment, strong analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in both German and English, you have the ability and confidence to serve demanding public and private sector clients at the highest levels.
- Commercially driven and ambitious, you have proven ability to identify and develop new business and are well networked.
- You have proven ability to manage, mentor and inspire staff and develop talented teams in a fast-growing environment.
- You are entrepreneurial, willing to take risks, with a logical, creative and flexible approach to solve problems, and an enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Experience in communicating for sports organization or the sport sector is a plus.
What we offer
- You can expect to work on exciting projects and on a broad range of political topics. Our clients have a strong international orientation, which is why you will work closely with our other colleagues based in Brussels, Paris, London, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
- We are part of the Omnicom Group, the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company.
- We have an unrivalled strategic and advisory council; a group that has held some of the hottest seats in politics and the media.
- Our clients benefit from their experience and expertise, but so do our people.
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture.
- We have a solid and structured approach to individual career development where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business and we regularly reward and promote success within the company. We actively encourage staff to develop innovative and exciting ways of delivering success and to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
Please submit your CV and motivation letter Please submit your CV and motivation letter (in English) to: https://portland-communications.com/careers/. For more information about us and our staff, please visit our website at www.portland-communications.com.
Portland is committed to treating all applications with complete confidentiality
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.de in your application!