Consultant Berlin (m/f/d)
Portland is looking for a
Consultant (Berlin) (m/f/d)
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy with dedicated specialists experienced in the development and implementation of public affairs and communications strategies.
Trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world, we have global offices in Brussels, Berlin, Paris, London, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
Our services include political and regulatory risk, integrated advocacy campaigns, reputation management, and crisis communications. We have extensive experience in a wide range of policy areas, including digital and data protection, antitrust and trade law, transport, healthcare, environment and circular economy, financial services and fisheries.
We understand national, European and global politics, how their stakeholders interact and where risks and opportunities lie for businesses.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to deliver their objectives.
Portland is a very results-driven business, with an unswerving focus on quality. To achieve this, we need to work collaboratively in a fun environment. We laugh, we strategise, we discuss, but we remember what is most important: advancing the interests of our clients.
We are looking for a Consultant (Account Manager) to join our team in Berlin.
Our work is fast-paced, European and global in scope. We seek a highly-motivated individual who brings a real passion for German and EU affairs, with a very good understanding of the German political system and media landscape.
You will be responsible for providing day-to-day management of the serving of existing high-level clients and the development of new strands of business activity.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing solid client relationships, maintaining a thorough understanding of client’s business and industry, and translating that knowledge into quality advice.
- Design and implement regional and global campaign plan for clients, including media and digital communications.
- Develop messaging and content that resonate in the German communications landscape.
- Successfully managing accounts and team workloads.
- Looking out for opportunities to add value to and grow client accounts and contributing actively to the overall new business operations of the company.
- Managing and empowering junior staff members.
- Promoting the Portland brand in the marketplace.
Below is a list of basic conditions we would ideally love our next colleague to meet. But most of all we are interested in meeting interesting people, people who question why decisions are made, people who are intellectually curious about the world around them, people who are able to come up with creative solutions.
- You have 3 to 5 years of proven industry experience in political communication, public affairs, policy development and negotiation, or journalism within the Berlin environment.
- You thrive on managing complex issues and projects and also have a profound understanding of the policy-making process and media landscape in Germany.
- You possess sound political judgment, strong analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in both German and English, you have the ability and confidence to serve demanding public and private sector clients at the highest levels.
- You have proven experience in managing campaigns and are digital savvy.
- You have a well-developed professional network.
- You are able to consistently manage deadlines across multiple accounts.
- You are entrepreneurial, willing to take risks, with a logical, creative and flexible approach to solve problems, and an enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude.
What we offer
- You can expect to work on exciting projects and on a broad range of political topics. Our clients have a strong international orientation, which is why you will work closely with our other colleagues based in Brussels, Paris, London, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
- We are part of the Omnicom Group, the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company.
- We have an unrivalled strategic and advisory council; a group that has held some of the hottest seats in politics and the media.
- Our clients benefit from their experience and expertise, but so do our people.
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture.
- We have a solid and structured approach to individual career development where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business and we regularly reward and promote success within the company. We actively encourage staff to develop innovative and exciting ways of delivering success and to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
Please submit your CV and motivation letter (in English) https://portland-communications.com/careers/. For more information about us and our staff, please visit our website at https://portland-communications.com/.
Portland is committed to treating all applications with complete confidentiality.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.de in your application!