Hertie School of Governance seeks Associate in Executive Education (m/w/div)
The Hertie School of Governance is an international teaching and research center of excellence that prepares students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. An internationally recruited faculty, interdisciplinary in outlook, research, and teaching, offers analytically challenging and practice-oriented courses on governance, policy analysis, management, and leadership. As a professional school, Hertie School faculty has a strong commitment to high-quality teaching. Our goal is to help students grow intellectually in a professional, research-intensive environment, characterized by public debate and engagement.
To support our Executive Education Team we are looking for an
Associate in Executive Education (m/w/div)
on a full time basis (40 hours/week).
The initial contract is for two years initially with a possibility of renewal.
- Within the executive education unit of the Hertie School, assumes overall day-to-day responsibility for a variety of project budgets, contract preparation and administration for all executive programs
- Contributes to program development and planning for executive/customised and open courses as well as for open enrolment offerings, preparing proposals, budget forecasts and reports
- In coordination with internal and external faculty and experts, develops course content and design (primarily in the areas of global public policy, international and transatlantic relations, international cooperation and development)
- Organises site visits for high-profile executive programmes/delegations (in cooperation with ministries, Bundestag, think-tanks, NGOs, etc.
- Leads on course logistics, events coordination, customer care and on course evaluations; interfaces with clients; co-manages Assistant and student interns
- Partners with internal stakeholders (finance, HR, recruitment) to ensure internal programmatic coordination and quality control for all executive programs
- Plans and coordinates marketing activities (print, online, multimedia) in cooperation with Hertie’s communications and recruitment units; responsibility for marketing budget
- Performs market research; drafts and edits texts and compiles information for the executive education website; ensures that presentation of material is consistent with Hertie-wide visual identity guidelines
- Serves as focal point for data integrity
- Master’s degree, preferably in the fields of social or political sciences; international academic background a plus
- At least two years of relevant professional experience, ideally in a higher education/international research institution; previous experience in the field of communication and social media a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical mindset and detail-oriented and efficient work style
- Knowledge of budgeting and reporting; excellent time-management skills and a solid understanding of work flow processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams and international clients
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills (especially Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Excellent command of English and German (oral and written)
We offer you
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a dynamic, supportive, and international academic environment based in Berlin, Germany. The Hertie School has been certified as a family friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (www.hertie-school.org for further information).
Applicants need to submit:
- A cover letter, directly explaining how your experience fits the tasks and responsibilities of this position. Please indicate your salary expectations and your earliest starting date;
- A full resume, with name and addresses of three professional references
- Letters of reference (if available) / Zeugnisse.
Please send your complete application package by using our online application form until 21 December 2018. Strict confidentiality is assured. For questions concerning process or position please contact Bernhard Knoll-Tudor, PhD, Director Executive Education.
Don’t forget to mention politjobs.de during your application!