Head of EU Politics (m/f/d)
E3G is looking for an
experienced practitioner (m/f/d) to lead E3G’s European work within its political economy and governance cluster.
The role will be central to shaping our engagement across the EU institutions and key Member States. The role can be based in either E3G’s Brussels or Berlin offices.
E3G is an independent think tank working to build a safe climate for all. E3G builds cross-sectoral coalitions to achieve carefully defined outcomes, chosen for their capacity to leverage change. We work closely with likeminded partners in government, politics, business, civil society, science, the media, public interest foundations and elsewhere. E3G operates around the world with offices in Berlin, Brussels, London and Washington. D.C.
Building a climate safe world requires aligning different forces in society to create the laws and institutions necessary to drive change. E3Gs Political Economy and Governance work sets out to understand how countries economic conditions interact with their political system to produce decisions on climate change.
As a European organisation with global reach E3G is committed to driving forward European climate policy through the European Green Deal, EU Climate Law and action in Member States. The Head of EU politics role would play a key role in shaping our political strategy and engagement process, working closely with E3Gs other programmes to deliver transformational outcomes.
The candidate’s main focus will be the coordination all EU political activities, working with Heads of Berlin and Brussels Office to run E3G’s EU coordination cluster. The candidate will report to E3Gs Deputy CEO and have close coordination with the Heads of our Brussels and Berlin offices to manage a coordinated strategy across multiple grants.
The role will project manage E3Gs Clean Economy Briefing Service (CEBS) which provides key political insights on climate change to decision makers across the EU.
The role will be responsible for E3G representation at senior events, brand management and media engagement.
This will include:
- Working with the Deputy CEO on the development of a fast-growing politics and governance cluster including a range of new initiatives
- Provide insights and analysis across EU climate change processes
- Project manage E3Gs Clean Economy Briefing Service (CEBS) which provides key political insights on climate change to decision makers across the EU.
- Leading across E3G in understanding the politics of European Climate policy inside and between member states and working with E3G’s thematic teams to develop effective influencing and change strategies
- Lead E3Gs work in relation to high profile outcomes such as the EU Climate Law
- Provide E3G representation at senior events, media engagement and help develop E3Gs brand across Europe.
- International travel will be required.
Profile and requirement
- You have demonstrable influencing skills and strong strategic and political understanding. You prioritise achieving outcomes over running activities. You are able to operate confidently at high and „expert“ level, in an international context and influencing senior decision-makers from government, business, finance and civil society.
- You have very strong written communication skills, impeccable English and the ability to adapt your style (written and verbal) to any audience from technical experts, politicians or the wider public. The ability to communicate in multiple EU languages would be an advantage
- You have extensive professional experience with progressive levels of responsibilities and a track record of significant achievements in EU climate policy.
- Strong personal networks into the European Parliament, European Commission and representatives from key Member States.
- You are positive, organised, stress-resilient and a team player able to work flexibly with a range of people across levels of seniority. You can adapt to uncertainty and deliver high quality outputs to challenging deadlines.
- You have a demonstrable track-record of leading and managing stakeholder partnerships, processes, as well as coordinating larger projects.
- You are able to quickly familiarise yourself with a new topic through self-led research including conversations with experts, assessing legislation or policy statements, and other data sources.
- You have an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (required) and post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (desirable).
- You are used to operating internationally, with a high degree of cultural sensitivity. You have the skills and resilience required to work internationally across multiple offices and time zones.
A competitive remuneration package for a non-profit organisation is offered based on qualifications and experience. E3G will require candidates to demonstrate that they have the right to live and work in the EU.
E3G values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Please email your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write ‘Head of EU Politics‘ as well as your first name and surname in the subject line.
- A CV of maximum two pages;
- A cover letter of no more than one page outlining your motivation for the job and when you would be able to start;
The deadline for applications is Friday 10th July 2020.
Owing to the fluid nature of COVID-19 lockdown requirements we will determine after the application deadline whether interviews will be held virtually or in person.
Bitte vergessen Sie nicht bei Ihrer Bewerbung politjobs.de zu erwähnen!