Cultural Vistas offer
Alfa Fellowship Program
The Alfa Fellowship Program is currently accepting applications for the 2019-2020 program year. Since 2004, this program has provided about 200 emerging leaders from the U.S., U.K., and Germany with the opportunity to gain professional experience in business, media, law, arts and culture, policy, and related areas through an 11-month, fully-funded fellowship in Moscow. The program is funded by Alfa-Bank and administered by Cultural Vistas.
Alfa Fellowship Program Highlights
High-level professional experience in Russia in private companies, law firms, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations
- Three trips within Russia and one trip to a neighboring country, Moscow seminars series and lectures at the Higher School of Economics — in addition to first-hand professional experience in Moscow, fellows explore regions outside the capital and gain an in-depth look at contemporary Russia through trips, meetings, and lectures
- Program benefits include $2,500 monthly stipend, housing, all program-related travel costs including round-trip travel to Russia, and insurance coverage
- Private Russian language tutoring prior to departure for Russia and group language classes upon arrival in Moscow according to each fellow’s level
- Inclusion in the Alfa Fellowship Alumni Association and Cultural Vistas Alumni Network upon successful completion of program
- U.S., U.K., or German citizenship
- Around 25-35 years old at time of application
- At least Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, international relations, or a related field
- At least 2 years cumulative professional experience
- Russian language skills preferred, but not required. If an applicant does not speak Russian, proficiency in another foreign language is required.
- Demonstrated professional interest in Russia or the region
- Evidence of leadership potential
Application Deadline November 15
Completed online application including:
- Personal statement
- Russian writing sample
- Most recent university transcript
- 2 letters of recommendation. Recommenders should be recent supervisors or professional mentors who have worked closely with the applicant.
About Cultural Vistas
Founded in 1963, Cultural Vistas is a nonprofit exchange organization promoting global understanding and collaboration among individuals and institutions. We develop international professional experiences that create more informed, skilled, and engaged citizens. Our programs empower people to drive positive change in themselves, their organizations, and society.
OJSC Alfa-Bank is incorporated, focused and based in Russia, and is not affiliated with U.S.-based Alfa Insurance.
Bitte vergessen Sie nicht bei Ihrer Bewerbung politjobs.de zu erwähnen!