Consultant (f/m/d) – Public Affairs / Public Relations
APCO worldwide is seeking a
Consultant (f/m/d) – Public Affairs / Public Relations
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations.
We take an integrated approach to consulting, which is based on three pillars: Our strong public affairs heritage, our experience in corporate communications and in-depth crisis communications expertise combined with outstanding creative and digital capabilities. We integrate these pillars to deliver effective communication campaigns across these multiple sectors. To our clients we are a trusted advisor and partner, helping them to analyze complex situations and identify the best strategic approach. We use a campaign approach in our work and do not shy away from being creative – especially with complex topics.
APCO Worldwide has an immediate opportunity for a Consultant (f/m/d) – Public Affairs / Public Relations to join one of our growing offices in Germany (Berlin, Frankfurt am Main or Munich).
What you will be doing in this role
- You develop and implement a wide range of strategic Public Relations / Public Affairs communication strategies and campaigns for well-known national and international clients
- You are leading projects and coordinate work streams, you ensure that qualitative work is being delivered to the client on time, but you are also hands-on and operationally involved in those projects by drafting written materials, monitoring issues or media, conducting research, preparing & delivering trainings and workshops, etc.
- You create effective messages, produce and edit high-quality written deliverables, such as position papers, briefings, press materials and social media content
- You monitor media, political topics and developments in key client issues and thereupon, effectively consult clients on changes and potential effects on their business
- You are cultivating and maintaining relationships with media and key stakeholders, also in the political landscape
- You are the Go-To person for clients and are managing and nurturing ongoing client relations, feedbacking into your project team as well as to the client, if needed
- You administrate projects by managing budgets and ressourcing, ensuring that service levels and staffing are within allocated budgets
- You participate in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- You mentor and drive the work of interns and more junior staff
What we are looking for in a candidate
- Ideally, 3-6 years experience in the political or public sector, in Public Affairs and/or in corporate communications / PR roles; some of it in a consulting firm or at an agency would be a plus
- Experience in developing campaigns and supporting strategic communications across various stakeholder groups, industries and subject areas
- You are well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels
- You have a very good understanding of the political system & communications landscape in Germany and the EU and ideally, you bring first experiences in government engagement and issue-focused media relations with you
- Solid project management skills and a proven ability to manage multiple projects, client initiatives and teams of both junior and senior colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- You demonstrate exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills, including experience in drafting strategic plans, messaging and press materials and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to build and nurture client relationships and communicate effectively
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media networks
- Fluency in German and English is required
We are recognized as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of national and international clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- A collegial and collaborative work environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from around the world
- The opportunity to visit and work from our other global offices (post COVID)
- The chance to take on responsibility quickly with abound opportunities to develop professionally and personally
- Clear career paths, ongoing internal & external trainings and access to our global Learning Platform
- A supportive team, collaboration across all levels, an open culture, and flexible work arrangements
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
How you can apply
If you wish to apply for our role, please do so directly via this link: https://apcoworldwide.com/about/careers/jobs/?p=job%2FoZbcefwk. Please indicate that you have learnt about this job opportunity from politjobs.de in the application form. We are looking forward to your application and learning more about you and your experiences and interests.
About APCO in Germany
Over the past two decades, Germany has become increasingly important on the international stage as political decisions made in Berlin reverberate throughout the European Union and beyond. Frankfurt is already a leading global hub for finance and business and is likely to become even more significant as an international financial center over the next few years.
Our German team supports more than 40 clients, including international companies, trade associations as well as governments and NGOs. We have strong expertise in a wide range of sectors including ICT, energy, health care, finance, transportation and logistics and food and consumer products.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.de in your application!