Associate Editor (m/f/d)
The Innovations in Politics Institute is looking for an
Associate Editor (m/f/d)
An exciting opportunity for a professional with a passion for innovative politics …
You love to research, write and edit texts on how to create better politics and policies? Then come and work with us!
We are The Innovation in Politics Institute, an international, non-partisan organisation that identifies, develops and applies innovations in politics – with the aim of strengthening democracy in Europe. To that end, we are building a community of the brightest minds in politics, from all democratic parties and on all levels of governance. Our headquarter is in Vienna with partner offices in 14 countries.
Our growing team is working on a wide variety of projects and we have ambitious plans for the future. For our communications team, we are hiring a passionate and experienced Associate Editor.
Your chief responsibility will be to research and develop stories about best practice in politics and policy – from groundbreaking climate protection initiatives in cities, to party innovation in the whole democratic spectrum, and from democratic participation, to strengthening social cohesion on the local level.
As Associate Editor you will work closely with the Content & Social Media Manager and all team members of the communication team as well as with the project managers, helping to define what we should be writing about and making every story as excellent as it can be.
- Identify potential stories in our treasure chest of best practice, submitted by politicians and scouted by our partners in Europe, and beyond
- Research and edit stories in various formats
- Edit stories provided by our partners. You will be responsible for making sure the substance is correct, and that the copy is clean and highly readable
- Improve our standards of storytelling
- Edit books, our website and other channels
What you should bring to this role
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in journalism or an adjacent field
- A good eye for a story
- The ability to write headlines and copy that grab the reader’s interest
- Experience with qualitative and desk research
- Professional proficiency in English and German, ideally also French
- CMS (WordPress) experience
- A can-do, hands-on attitude
- Well organised and good teamplayer
- Passion for politics
- Intercultural competence
Ideally, you also bring to this role
- Experience working in an international environment
- Experience working in a start-up
What we offer
We provide you with an international working environment, a passionate team, a timely cause, and great content. In addition you will profit from:
- Personal development opportunities
- Self-determination in your work organisation and a supporting team
- Full time (40h/week), starting a.s.a.p.
- Annual salary: 38.000 euro gross
- Place of work: Austria or Germany
Please send your application including CV, by 16 July, to Ms Ulrike Ralis.
We are looking forward to your application!
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.de in your application!