Deputy Director (m/f/d) – Apolitical Academy
The Apolitical Foundation seeks a new
Deputy Director (m/f/d) for the Apolitical Academy
Do you have experience in politics and in training high potential leaders? Are you looking to help strengthen democracy by supporting the next generation of transformational political and public sector leaders? The Apolitical Foundation is looking for a self-motivated and driven Deputy Director to be an early joiner of the Academy team and help continue to scale our work globally.
What is Apolitical Academy?
Apolitical Academy, a non-profit collaboration between the Apolitical Foundation and the Daniel Sachs Foundation, strives to close the gap between political institutions and the people they serve by investing in a new generation of transformational public leaders. We offer Regional and global non-partisan fellowship programmes to a growing and diverse network of ethical and innovative leaders. We empower this political talent by providing the personal and professional tools necessary to prepare our fellows for a future in public life.
Apolitical Academy currently runs programmes in Sweden and Southern Africa as well as a global master’s programme in collaboration with the World Economic Forum’s community of Young Global Leaders. Our aim for 2022 is to have 7 programmes running and more than 500 active fellows in the network. Our Global office located in Berlin is small and dynamic, with plans for rapid expansion in the next few years.
We help revitalize democracy for the 21st century through the Academies, ongoing communications and other targeted political and public leadership programmes and products.
We are a sister organization of Apolitical – a learning platform for government that launched in 2017. Today, 90,000+ public servants, policymakers, and politicians in 170+ countries use it for peer-led, future-facing learning. Apolitical’s members range from mayors, ministers, and heads of state to millennials pioneering digital innovations.
- Responsible for the global expansion of the Apolitical Academy which includes:
- Finding and vetting potential “Local Champions”
- Training “Local Champions” using our programmatic playbook on how to start and run an Apolitical Academy
- Providing regular curriculum updates and support
- Engaging and supporting the global alumni network
- Monitoring programme effectiveness and leading pedagogical and content enhancements
- Responsible for delivering other bespoke public leadership training and presenting the work of the Apolitical Academy at speaking engagements and other events
- Fundraising and donor reporting
- Managing a network of advisors
- Tracking and communicating impact
- Support with developing, testing, and scaling earned income strategies
- Support feeding relevant content to our newsletter and podcast and help with promotion
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of the Apolitical Foundation and, generally, roll up your sleeves!
- Report to the CEO of the Foundation and manage at least one person.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Excellent communication, emotional intelligence, organisation, and strategy skills demonstrated by at least 7 years’ experience consulting, training, and working in and around politics
- Experience working in, respecting, and navigating diverse political and cultural contexts
- Deep interest in politics and public policy and a passion for driving impact in this area
- The drive to be in front of people and help them learn and grow
- A commitment to our values:
- Working in a non-partisan way
- Optimism about politics and government as a force for good
- Internationalism with local contextualisation
- The ability to lead yourself and others, while maintaining a team spirit
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects, learn new skills quickly, work to ambitious deadlines
- A desire to work in a fast-changing startup environment where priorities can shift regularly
- Commitment to excellence while having fun along the way.
The following skills and attributes are not necessary, but any of them could put you at an advantage:
- Ability to speak German, French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese
- Ability to produce multimedia presentations
- The opportunity to be an early joiner of a non-profit dedicated to deep impact
- Flexible working conditions (e.g. ability to work from home once established in role, particularly given the impacts of Covid-19)
- The last Friday of every month off (and your birthday!) in addition to annual leave days
- International, diverse and hard-working colleagues from the U.S., Australia, India, South Africa, Sweden, and the U.K. – we try to make our workplace as friendly and fun as possible
- Work laptop and home office setup budget
- Competitive remuneration – salary range: €50,000 – 55,000 pa commensurate with experience
To apply: Please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Apolitical Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Bitte vergessen Sie nicht, bei Ihrer Bewerbung politjobs.de zu erwähnen!