APCO Worldwide seeks Associate Consultant
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – with a diverse global team of more than 650 experts.
APCO’s operations in Germany were founded in Berlin in 2000. In 2016, we opened a second office in Frankfurt. Our German team supports more than 40 clients, including international companies, trade associations as well as governments and NGOs. We have strong expertise in a wide range of sectors including ICT, energy, healthcare, finance, transportation and logistics, food and consumer products. We take an integrated approach to consulting, which is based on three pillars: our strong public affairs heritage, our experience in corporate communications and in-depth crisis communications expertise combined with outstanding creative and digital capabilities.
We are looking for an
to join our growing Berlin office.
Associate Consultants are involved in the day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials (i.e. summary reports, press releases, credentials and proposals) and by conducting and analyzing research on a variety of client-related issues, or media monitoring. They are responsible for coordinating client meetings and events, and working on client deliverables and managing busy press offices.
We would ideally be looking for one to two years’ experience gained in a communications agency or in-house communications role (parental leave absolutely counts too!). A keen interest in the communication space is an absolute must-have!
What will you be doing in these roles?
- Supporting our client teams across a variety of accounts in various sectors
- Running research and monitoring projects and creating clear, insightful reports for clients
- Helping to manage a busy press office
- Creating written content including press releases, op-eds, viewpoint articles, blogs, award entries and social content
- Supporting on new business opportunities
We care about your skills, not where you learned them.
Going after that big client, challenging the perceived wisdom in the room, or simply raising your hand to ask a question – we need more of that.
- You have a relevant degree or equivalent experience
- We would be looking for 1-2 years’ experience in a communications role (from either an in-house or agency background)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a real hunger and talent for crafting stories and pitching journalists
- You have a genuine interest in current affairs
- You have a proactive and positive attitude, and a desire to learn and develop
We are recognized as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- A collegial and collaborative working environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from around the world
- The opportunity to visit and work from our other global offices
- Significant opportunities to develop professionally
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- A friendly, open culture and inspiring working environment
Please do not forget to mention politjobs.de during your application!