SEEK Development seeks Associate Director
SEEK Development is a management consulting group dedicated to global human development and social impact. We are driven by the aspiration to strengthen the global development system and the key actors shaping it, so that they are best positioned to tackle the world’s toughest problems.
Working at the intersection of strategy, organizational development and advocacy, we support government and international agencies, foundations, non-governmental organizations and businesses who want to drive change and maximize their impact in global development. We create value for our clients by combining strategic expertise with deep insight into the organizational preconditions for change and the ecosystems our clients operate in. Our portfolio of services combines strategy & organizational development, global policy & strategic advocacy; and leadership & governance. We currently have strong expertise in the fields of global health, education, agriculture, nutrition, donor analytics, and development finance and architecture.
We advise the senior leadership of leading organizations in the space, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; the Global Partnership for Education; Save the Children; the World Bank, the World Health Organization and many others. For more information, please visit www.seekdevelopment.org.
Join our team as an Associate Director and be part of SEEK’s leadership team. You will gain responsibility for acquiring clients, managing projects, and developing team members, with a focus on further growing our global policy and advocacy work. Building on an already strong client portfolio, you will play a key role in developing relationships with clients and converting these relationships into work for SEEK. You will support our clients in developing evidence-based strategies, organizational models, and capabilities to drive impact through effective stakeholder engagement, partnership building, investments, and resource mobilization and political advocacy. You will provide strategic direction to consultant teams, ensure quality control of project delivery, and help manage client relationships as part of your management and oversight responsibilities. You are also expected to contribute to the professional development of junior staff through coaching and mentoring. Through knowledge development and innovation on our products and services, you will help build the firm’s reputation, expertise, and market presence.
Client and business development
- Build relationships with clients and lead the creation of winning proposals to further grow our portfolio of work
- Act as a senior advisor to clients, helping them develop evidence-based strategies to maximize their social impact and working with them to build the organizational prerequisites to deliver
- Take on full responsibility for ensuring the quality of client deliverables and client satisfaction
- Lead consultant teams in every aspect of client work, from proposal preparation to project delivery and debrief; provide strategic direction and ensure high quality of work delivered
- Develop talent by providing hands-on coaching, mentorship, and opportunities for growth and entrepreneurship
- Act as a role model and inspire colleagues to drive social impact by fostering leadership throughout the team
Practice leadership and organizational development
- Build the firm’s reputation and expertise through knowledge development and creating new approaches and tools which enable a steady development of our key service areas
- As a member of SEEK’s leadership team, play a pivotal role in driving the firm’s further growth and positioning; lead internal initiatives to develop SEEK
- Position yourself as a thought leader on your area of expertise, both internally and externally
You are passionate about tackling challenging development problems and bring deep experience in driving change for social impact. You excel in leading high-performing teams that take innovative approaches to tough challenges. You combine creative problem-solving and strategic insight with an understanding of organizational dynamics and the underlying systemic conditions for change.
You are a high performer, with a high degree of professionalism, entrepreneurism, and credibility. Your technical expertise and professional skills are combined with sensitivity, empathy, and diplomacy; you remain calm in stressful situations, and work pragmatically in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A minimum of six years of experience leading project teams and building client relationships, preferably at a leading management or political consultancy
- Experience working in international development or adjacent sectors; sectoral expertise (e.g. health, education, agriculture, or another area) desired
- Strong networks, especially with major political actors and influencers in Germany; proven ability to build trusting relationships with senior leaders in the public and private sectors
- Outstanding strategic and qualitative/quantitative analytical abilities
- Demonstrated people and project-management skills; team player and builder with a strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, and dedication to client service
- Ability to present work in an insightful, structured manner and to facilitate client meetings and stakeholder dialogues
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences or Economics, with an excellent academic record
- Fluency in English and German (written and oral skills); working knowledge of other languages is an advantage
At SEEK, you have a unique opportunity to drive change in global development and shape a growing consultancy committed to social impact. You work with a dynamic, values-driven, and highly professional team of international colleagues and support top-level executives of leading organizations on some of their toughest challenges. Continued professional development, innovation, and entrepreneurship are
essential to SEEK’s success. We therefore support the growth of our employees through training and mentoring, and empower our people to learn by doing, engaging them as core members of project teams from day one.
Join our team!
Piqued your interest? To assist on this job search, SEEK Development is working with Mission Talent. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV (as word documents) via email to email@example.com stating SEEK-AD/+your surname in the subject line before August 3rd, 2018.
In your cover letter, please note your earliest possible start date and expected salary. Selected candidates will be invited for a multistage interview process to test conceptual thinking and leadership skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience.
After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation. If you do not receive this (check your spam folder as well), please contact Mission Talent via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denken Sie bitte daran, bei Ihrer Bewerbung www.politjobs.de zu erwähnen.