Seek Development seeks Project Manager
Drive global development impact. Excel and realize your potential.
SEEK Development is a strategic and organizational consulting group dedicated to global human development and social impact. We are driven by the aspiration to strengthen the system of global development and the key actors shaping it, so that they are best positioned to collectively tackle the world’s toughest problems.
Working at the intersection of strategy, organizational development and leadership, we support government and international agencies, foundations, non-governmental organizations and corporations who want to drive change and maximize their impact in global development. We create value for our clients by combining strategic skills with deep insight into the organizational preconditions for change. Our portfolio of services includes strategy and policy development, organizational effectiveness and change management, leadership and governance, programmatic evaluations, and strategic advocacy.
Some of our recent clients include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; the World Health Organization; the World Bank; the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; the Global Partnership for Education; Oxfam, and many others. For more information, please visit http://seekdevelopment.org.
Your role and impact
As a Project Manager at SEEK, you develop innovative solutions and lead teams in high-profile client engagements. As the link between team members and SEEK management, you define the project approach and structure, guide analysis and simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and facilitate constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders. You also play a critical role in helping to shape the future growth and development of the company.
Team and client management
- Manage client projects independently, leading project teams in every aspect of client work; from proposal preparation and presentation, to project closure and debrief.
- Develop innovative strategies and solutions for our clients, and support effective implementation of recommendations.
- Coach, manage, and support the career development of team members.
- Oversee the quality of client deliverables, proactively identifying and addressing key issues and ensuring high client satisfaction.
- Prepare and present high-impact storylines and presentations/reports, and facilitate client meetings.
Business and Organizational Development
- Build long-term relationships with clients, developing and realizing engagement opportunities for SEEK.
- Lead internal initiatives to develop SEEK, closely supporting the management team.
- Position yourself as a thought leader on selected areas of expertise, both internally and externally.
You are passionate about driving progress on global development, from reducing child and maternal mortality in the world’s poorest countries, to advancing education and driving economic development and empowerment. You excel in leading high-performing teams that support our clients to develop innovative solutions to maximize their impact, by combining problem-solving and strategic insight with an understanding of organizational dynamics and the underlying systemic conditions for change.
You are a strong, creative problem solver and skilled at working at the intersection of strategy and organizational development. You are a high performer, with an entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to excellence and continued professional growth. Your technical expertise and professional skills are combined with sensitivity, empathy and diplomacy; you remain calm in stressful situations, and work pragmatically in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Required qualifications for a Project Manager
- Master’s in Business Administration, Public Administration/Policy, or advanced degree in economics, organizational development/psychology, public health or a related field, with an excellent academic record
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a manager of teams and projects at a leading management consultancy or international organization; overall a minimum of six years’ relevant work experience
- Outstanding strategic, analytical, facilitation, and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong people and project-management skills
- A commitment to international development and social impact, typically demonstrated through prior exposure to global themes such as economic development, global health, education, or humanitarian issues
- Networks within the development sector and business community; proven ability to engage a broad range of stakeholders and to work with senior officials in the public and/or private sector
- Team player with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit, and dedication to client service
- Fluency in English and German (written and oral skills); working knowledge of other languages is an advantage
At SEEK, you will have a unique opportunity to drive change in global development and shape a growing consultancy committed to social impact. You will work with a dynamic, values-driven and highly professional team of international colleagues, and support top-level executives of leading organizations on some of their toughest challenges. Continued professional development, innovation, and entrepreneurship are essential to SEEK’s success. We therefore support the growth of our employees through training and mentoring, and empower our people to learn by doing, engaging them as core members of project teams from day one.
Join our team!
Piqued your interest? To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV and references merged into one document by e-mail with the subject “Application: Project Manager” to email@example.com until November 15th, 2017.
We will review applications on a rolling basis.
In your cover letter, please note your earliest possible start date, as we would be keen for you to start as soon as possible. Selected candidates will be invited for a number of interviews to test conceptual thinking and organizational leadership skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience.
For further information about the role or application process, please Lucia Baginova at +49 (0)30 4202 5211.