SEEK Development is seeking Associate Director: Global Policy & Strategic Advocacy
About SEEK Development
SEEK Development is a strategic and organizational consulting group dedicated to global human development and social impact.
SEEK is driven by the aspiration to strengthen the global development system and the key actors shaping it, so that they are best positioned to collectively tackle the world’s toughest problems.
SEEK supports leading international agencies, governments, foundations, non-governmental organizations and corporations to drive change and maximize their impact in global development. We work with the senior leadership of clients such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program, Tuberculosis and Malaria; the Global Advocacy and Food Security Program; the Global Partnership for Education; the World Bank; the World Health Organization and Save the Children.
Purpose of the Role
The Associate Director, Global Policy & Strategic Advocacy is part of SEEK’s leadership team, with responsibility for leading this growing practice area. Building on a strong existing portfolio, the Associate Director oversees SEEK’s support to clients and internal knowledge development to devise policy positions and implement impactful advocacy and resource mobilization strategies, based on rigorous comprehensive analytics.
The Associate Director ensures SEEK continues to expand its market presence and reputation, by innovating products, services and approaches. The Associate Director also oversees the strategic development of the Donor Tracker, a unique online resource that supports evidence-based advocacy for global development by making essential data and analyses of the largest government donors worldwide easily and quickly available as a public good (www.donortracker.org).
Beyond ensuring effective and high-quality service delivery of ongoing projects, the Associate Director will be responsible for building new client relationships and for leading respective go-to-market activities. The Associate Director will be a thought leader in international development, and a “go-to” senior person both for clients and team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Partnering with clients:
- Develop innovative strategies and solutions for clients and support effective implementation of recommendations.
- Manage client relationships and projects, taking on full responsibility for building and maintaining successful partnerships.
- Oversee the quality of client deliverables, proactively identifying and addressing key issues and ensuring high client satisfaction.
- Lead project teams in every aspect of client work: from proposal preparation and presentation, to project closure and debrief.
- Develop talent by providing hands-on coaching, mentorship and opportunities for growth and entrepreneurship.
- Act as a role model, inspire colleagues and be committed to building the skills of others and fostering leadership throughout the team.
Practice leadership and organizational development:
- Play a pivotal role in its further growth and positioning, as member of SEEK’s leadership team.
- Create, design and launch new approaches, service offerings and tools which enable a steady practice development.
- Build long-term relationships with clients, developing and realizing engagement opportunities for SEEK.
- Lead internal initiatives to develop SEEK.
- Act as a thought leader on areas of expertise, both internally and externally.
- Master of Public Policy/Administration, International Relations, Economics and/or Business Administration from a renowned university with an excellent academic record.
- A minimum of eight years of experience as a manager of teams and projects at a leading management consultancy, public policy or public affairs agency, multilateral institution, civil society organization, or parliament or national government.
- Outstanding strategic, analytical, facilitation, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong networks within the development sector, especially with major political actors and influencers in Germany. Proven ability to engage a broad range of stakeholders and to work with senior officials in the public and/or private sector.
- Expertise in public policy formulation and strategic advocacy and resource mobilization, including innovative methods.
- Expertise in the development, management, and promotion of digital advocacy tools, such as the Donor Tracker website.
- A commitment to international development and social impact, typically demonstrated through prior exposure to global themes such as economic development, global health, education, or humanitarian issues.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and people skills, including sensitivity, empathy and diplomacy.
- Exceptional project management skills and dedication to client service.
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations and work pragmatically in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to excellence and continued professional growth.
- Fluency in English and German (written and oral skills) is a must; working knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
How to Apply
Piqued your interest? To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV (as word documents) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating SEEK-AD-D/+your surnamein the subject line.
In your cover letter, please note your earliest possible start date and expected salary. Selected candidates will be invited for a multistage interview process to test conceptual thinking and leadership skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience.
After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation. If you do not receive this (check your spam folder as well), please contact Mission Talent via email@example.com