One seeks Campaigns Assistant (m/f)
ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization co-founded by Bono and backed by nearly seven million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and more effective aid and trade reform. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively deployed. ONE has offices in Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York City, Paris and Washington DC.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As the Campaigns Assistant, you will support ONE’s campaigning and advocacy in Germany, planning activities that engage our members and influence political leaders, and help run our 2016 Youth Ambassador programme with around 50 activists from all over Germany. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, dependable, and able to handle a varied and fast-paced role. If you have some
knowledge or experience of German politics, prior experience in organizing and in mobilizing people, ideally both online and offline, and care about ONE’s goals, we strongly urge you to apply! The Campaigns Assistant position will report directly to the Senior Campaigns Manager, and will be based in Berlin, with some occasional travel within Germany and Europe. This is a temporary, fixed term contract until December 2016.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Help devise, develop and deliver impactful, creative national and international campaigns which promote ONE’s policy and advocacy messages to a diverse audience and contribute to policy change
- Run the German ONE Youth Ambassador programme, including guiding and coaching the Youth Ambassadors, events planning, designing and executing campaign stunts and actions for the Youth Ambassadors, and continuous tracking and evaluation of the Youth Ambassador Programme
- Recruit new ONE members and engage existing ONE members through a range of creative means
- Write occasional content for ONE.org’s blog, help manage the German ONE social media accounts and manage the Youth Ambassadors’ Facebook page
- Manage attendance at festivals & summer events
- Work closely with the other areas of the Germany team (policy, media, operations) for maximum impact and to identify opportunities in Germany for the promotion of ONE’s key messages
- Undertake any other duties as required
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Prior experience supporting simultaneous or complex projects with a proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Prior experience in working with volunteers and / or young people
- An ability to work effectively within a team and to engage people of different backgrounds and levels, from policy makers to volunteers and ONE members
- Commitment to delivering innovative, high quality work with strong attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel, as well as Twitter and Facebook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German & English
- Flexible, resourceful and innovative
- Responsible and reliable
- Good understanding of the German political process and system, interest in politics, campaigning, and political communications;
- knowledge of international development and Africa preferred
- Native speaker German level absolute must, proficiency in English also essential
IN RETURN, WE OFFER:
- A fantastic opportunity to make a huge impact in the world working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organization in an incredible, supportive work environment.
- A unique opportunity to learn and work closely with colleagues and campaigns teams from all over Europe and beyond.
- And much more!
INTERESTED? LET’S CHAT!
If you think you have what it takes to make an impact, please submit an application in German, including your resume, cover letter, and your desired salary on our jobs page at jobs.one.org. The deadline for applications is March 10; applications will not be accepted beyond this date. We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview. No phone calls please. Only candidates authorized to work in Germany without any restrictions need apply.