ONE Deutschland seeks Policy & Advocacy Intern
ONE is a campaigning and advocacy organization of more than eight million people around the world taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight AIDS and other preventable, treatable diseases in the poorest places on the planet. We empower small-holder farmers, expand access to energy, and combat corruption to ensure governments are accountable to their citizens. ONE is strictly nonpartisan funded by individual philanthropists and corporations.
ONE’s members are critical to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Washington D.C., New York, London, Johannesburg, Brussels, Berlin, Paris, Ottawa and Abuja to educate and lobby governments to save and improve millions of lives.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional benefits package along with the opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need
The Policy & Advocacy Intern will work with the Berlin team to support our policy-related activities. The internship will be six months in duration – 8 January 2018 being the preferred start date. This is a paid internship and the successful candidate will be required to work 40 hours per week. The Policy & Advocacy Intern will report to the Policy & Advocacy Manager and will be based in our Berlin office.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Conduct research related to the priorities of ONE
- Deliver administrative support
- Draft and translate briefings, analysis of reports as well as posts on the website and the blog
- Update statistics
- Stay abreast of relevant parliamentary processes
- Support the logistics of meetings, conferences, etc.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Student or graduate of Development Policy, International Relations, Political Science, or related field
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- German as a native language and good knowledge of parliamentary processes
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team-player, self-motivation, accuracy as well as humor and a willingness to make a contribution to the fight against poverty
- Good knowledge of development debates in Germany and of relevant German stakeholders
- Experience in working with development-related texts and research
- Prior practical experience is an advantage
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume to this opening at ONE jobs. The deadline for this posting is 26 November 2017.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in Germany without any restrictions need apply.