ONE Deutschland seeks Media Intern
ONE is a campaigning and advocacy organization of more than eight million people around the world taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight AIDS and other preventable, treatable diseases in the poorest places on the planet. We empower small-holder farmers, expand access to energy, and combat corruption to ensure governments are accountable to their citizens. ONE is strictly nonpartisan funded by individual philanthropists and corporations.
ONE’s members are critical to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Washington D.C., New York, London, Johannesburg, Brussels, Berlin, Paris, Ottawa and Abuja to educate and lobby governments to save and improve millions of lives.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional benefits package along with the opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need
The Media Intern will work with our Berlin team to support its media-related activities. This is an exciting opportunity for a team player with a keen and demonstrable interest in daily international news, media and PR work, international development, Africa and the eradication of global poverty. The full-time internship will be six months in duration, beginning in January 2017. The intern will work from our office in Berlin and will report to the Senior Media Manager.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Monitor relevant external media sources and outlets
- Produce a daily news summary
- Write blogs and other external contributions
- Translate English articles into German
- Prepare briefings and schedule meetings with journalists
- Support relationship management with local media
- Update office press files and tracking tools
- Any other relevant tasks requested by the Senior Media Manager
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Student or graduate of Communications, Journalism, Political Science, or related field
- Experience in the non-profit sector a plus
- Excellent written and verbal English and German communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent analytical and organizational capacities with strong detail orientation
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to solve problems and be creative
- Self-motivated and willingness to make a contribution to the fight against poverty
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- Demonstrable interest in communications, development issues and Africa
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume to this opening at ONE jobs. The deadline for this posting is 26 November 2017.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in Germany without any restrictions need apply.