Merck sucht Senior Manager Public Affairs (m/f)
Senior Manager Public Affairs (m/f)
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Public Affairs & Corporate Responsibility (PA) is responsible for measures that position Merck as an innovative and sustainably operating company. The main duties of the Senior Manager PA includes a broad range of internal and external communication tasks, such as supporting the planning and preparation of strategic PA activities at European level as well as observing and assessing political developments and legislative processes in various markets. The daily work includes developing argumentative papers and opinions, as well as position papers in German and English. It also includes preparing campaigns, presentations and analyses for internal and external communications. Besides conducting political events, tasks include preparing high-publicity media and events, as well as developing and improving communication channels, platforms and processes. The role is responsible for heading projects and coordinating the preparation of political appointments at executive level with various stakeholders.
Wo you are:
- Degree in humanities, ideally in political science or law
- Leadership experience
- Several years’ professional experience in an (economic) political environment (political consulting agency, parliament, ministries, or a relevant association)
- Several months’ experience abroad and professional interaction with international colleagues of all levels of the hierarchy
- In-depth knowledge of legal and regulatory framework conditions and of complex economic and socio-political relationships
- Fluent English (written and spoken); an additional foreign language would be desirable
- Confident use of MS Office (in particular PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information here!