Merck sucht Head of Corporate Relations and Public Affairs (m/f)
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: In this role, which is an integral part of the new Corporate Affairs (CA) function, you will lead a small team of experts. Together with your team you are responsible for the identifying, managing and proactively engaging with global stakeholders (e.g. WEF, MSC, World Bank) on Merck cross-sector and group policy topics (e.g. trade). In your new role, you develop strategic direction and operation processes for cross-sector policy topics, whitepapers and key regulatory topics and monitor global policy landscape as well as global positioning and advocacy plan. You are responsible for planning and facilitating Corporate Public Policy Committee to develop and align cross-sector position papers and prepare them for board approval. Leading the strategy process for CA in close collaboration with business specific Government & Public Affairs functions is part of your tasks as well. You provide capabilities, best practice and standards for external stakeholder engagement including engagement standards and protocols, briefing materials for GL engagements, coordination of engagements with country officials, country profiles. To create “one voice” to external key stakeholders you provide processes, tools and templates for key account management and as well for internal project management of CA projects. You support GL interactions with external stakeholders and provide briefing material for GL members. Finally, you drive CA Communication strategy and approve strategic plans, engagement formats and budget.
Who you are:
- University degree in law, economics, politics or science with 10+ years of experience in Governments & Public Affairs, preferred in pharmaceutical or chemical industry
- Leadership experience within Government & Public Affairs paired with Project and Financial Management skills
- Deep knowledge of policy and business contexts for pharmaceutical & chemical industry
- Proven experience of working across multiple stakeholders and public policy issues to achieve desired outcome
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English and German
- Domestic and international travel of up to 20 % of time are required
- Pending final organizational set-up and assignment of accountabilities, this role may develop so we are looking for candidates with respective potential
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com