Interreg Baltic Sea Region seeks project officer
The Managing Authority/Joint Secretariat of Interreg Baltic Sea Region is looking for a
at the office in Rostock/Germany.
Closure date: 31 March 2016. The project officer supports our project team in giving advice to applicants, assessing applications as well as in monitoring and supervising transnational cooperation projects. The job is a full-time position. Start as soon as possible.
Background and Environment
Interreg Baltic Sea Region offers financial support to transnational projects contributing to the development of a more innovative, better accessible and sustainable Baltic Sea Region. The Programme is implemented under the territorial cooperation goal of the European Union. It is mainly financed from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Project partners from Belarus, Estonia, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia and Sweden work together in transnational projects. For more information please visit www.interreg-baltic.eu.
The countries involved have designated Investitionsbank Schleswig-Holstein (IB.SH) at Kiel/Germany, a publicly owned, non-profit making development bank, as joint Managing Authority (MA) and host of the Joint Secretariat (JS). The JS is responsible for the day-to-day management of Interreg Baltic Sea Region. Its main office is located in Rostock/Germany. A branch office has been established in Riga/Latvia. For staff of the Rostock office, the Investitionsbank Schleswig-Holstein acts as employer. Members of the JS (approx. 25 staff) are international. The official programme and office language is English. The MA/JS is headed by one director. Project officers form the JS project unit that is managed and led by a team leader. Project officers work closely together with the finance officers of the JS.
- Provide general advice, support and information to applicants and project partners on project development, application, implementation and reporting;
- Carry out assessments of project applications;
- Monitor project implementation by means of checking progress reports, supported by the Programme’s electronic monitoring system, and follow-up outstanding issues;
- Manage requests from projects on changes in set-up, finances, timing etc.;
- Update procedures and related documents for the implementation of Interreg Baltic Sea Region (application, assessment, reporting and monitoring, special instruments etc.);
- Collect information about projects’ outcomes and assist the JS communication officers in information and communication activities, draft information for the programme’s website;
- Prepare reports and presentations to assist meetings of the Programme’s Monitoring Committee, contribute to reporting to the EU Commission;
- Design and implement targeted project seminars organised by the Programme;
Participate in external events and seminars as necessary.
Qualification and profile
- University degree (preferably public administration/regional policies, geographer, business administration and related fields);
- Relevant work experience of at least two years;
- Well anchored knowledge of the Baltic Sea region’s political, economic and social systems including experience of working with public administrations in Baltic Sea region countries, experience of working with public administrations in Nordic countries is of advantage;
- Experience with the administration of EU Structural Funds;
- Experience with international cooperation;
- Solid administrative skills and a passion for accurate documentation and filing;
- Completely fluent in verbal and written English, and knowledge of other BSR languages of advantage;
- Computer literacy (MS Office);
- Ready to fit in with the international JS team.
Conditions of employment
The place of employment is Rostock/Germany. The job is a full-time position with a regular working time of 39 hours a week. Investitionsbank Schleswig-Holstein will issue the employment contract (the legal basis is the German labour code) and manage all related social tax and insurance issues. The job can be started as soon as possible. The contract will last until the end of 2020. The annual gross salary will range between 45,000 and 50,000 EUR depending on qualification and experience.
What do we offer?
Our working style is based on information, interaction and participation. We have established a feedback culture and care for individual development plans as well as family needs. You will earn a competitive salary reflecting your qualification and work experience. We are enjoying a modern and spacious working environment. Our office is located in the city centre of Rostock.
How to apply?
Applications have to be submitted in English language and in electronic version by Thursday 31 March 2016, 22:00 hours (CET), to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- a motivation letter,
- a CV based on Europass standard template
- a recruitment application sheet
(Please right-click on the link and download the file to your computer first before opening the file. Only use ADOBE READER 8.0 or higher to fill in the recruitment application sheet. When using other readers the form is not working properly. The latest version of ADOBE READER can be downloaded e.g. at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.)
These documents will constitute the basis for selecting candidates for job interviews. Interviews are planned for 2-4 May 2016 in Rostock. Candidates might be contacted by telephone during the selection process.
For further information please contact: Eeva Rantama, Team Leader Project Unit, (+49 381 45484 5254/-5281, email@example.com)