DowDuPont sucht Government Affairs and Industry Affairs Leader Agriculture (m/w)
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Plan, develop, and lead the implementation of government affairs programs in Germany and other countries in Europe as needed.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement business strategies with business leaders, relevant policy making bodies, associations, grower groups and other relevant external stakeholders on policy matters that impact the DowDuPont Agriculture Division in Germany and Europe. Strategies are typically designed to promote regulatory acceptance of products and critical commercial business growth initiatives.
- Create and maintain a network with the relevant political, regulatory and other third parties (grower groups, NGOs, associations, etc.) as necessary to support and promote the company’s objectives.
Main priorities include:
- Freedom to Operate
- Right to Invest
- Market Access
- Regulation of Products
- Customs or Tariffs
- Export Controls or Sanctions
- Trade Policy Development and Negotiation
- Strategic Partnerships
- Working political risk mitigation across multiple stakeholders in the region in support of DowDuPont Agriculture Division’s business portfolio.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with company Core Values, including highest ethical behavior, and consistent with the US Department of Justice’s Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Reports to DowDuPont Agriculture Division EMEA GA/IA Lead
- Share the new AgCo vision with external stakeholders.
- Identify key political and non-technical risks relevant to DowDuPont Agriculture Division’s businesses and develop comprehensive advocacy strategies, risk mitigations, and engagement plans in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Develop, manage, sustain, and enhance relationships with governments, political representatives, appointed officials, grower groups and other external stakeholders relevant to the identified risks, focusing on Germany, and other European countries as needed.
- Leverage advocacy, intelligence gathering, analysis risk mitigation and relationships to contribute to business objectives.
- Effectively advocate DowDuPont Agriculture Division’s positions on legislation and regulatory proposals, leveraging Business Unit, Regulatory, Legal, and Global Government Affairs Network resources.
- Represent DowDuPont Agriculture Division to business-related Chambers/Councils/Associations and principal accountability for Germany-based think-tanks/research houses.
- Work as part of the International Government Affairs team in developing and managing DowDuPont Agriculture Division’s global positions on public policy issues.
- Position the company as a trusted, long term partner, involved in supporting its customers and working with its stakeholders through its positive contribution to the local / regional / national economy (agricultural sector, R&D, training, sustainability goals, etc).
- Extensive experience in government and/or government relations roles. A variety of assignments is preferred.
- Experience in a multinational corporation or association focused on innovative sectors and/or food and agriculture sectors.
- Superior/first-hand knowledge of German government, multi-lateral agency, trade associations, policy environment and decision-making processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of how government officials develop and implement policy. Ability to analyze government policy/legislation and advocate corporate positions before senior policy makers, legislative staff, and the administration.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically cultivate, manage, and utilize key stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with government entities to collaborate and secure incentives to operate and innovate.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate political risk mitigation strategies into product commercialization strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and coalitions across value chain entities to advance common policy objectives.
- Able to work effectively in multi-functional and multi-cultural environment, and in a team setting.
- Able to build and sustain extensive network of relationships (internal and external).
- Strong advocacy skills and ability to promote public policy positions.
- Strong interpersonal, networking, and public speaking skills, with the confidence and credibility to act quickly, communicate effectively, and command respect of both internal and external audiences.
- Proven ability to think strategically and exercise good judgment.
- High levels of motivation and initiative to work in complex and ambiguous environments.
- Fluency in German and English with strong written and oral communication skills. Additional European language fluencies are considered a plus.
* Availability to travel at least 30% of the time.