Google sucht Director, Public Policy and Government Relations, Google Cloud
As a member of Google’s Public Policy team, you help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers inside and outside government. In addition, you will help advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team. The role requires significant experience either working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues.
In this role, you will advise our Google Cloud teams, and work with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global and regional team across EMEA. Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
You will be responsible for the development and execution of Google Cloud’s public policy and government relations strategy across EMEA region. You will work with policymakers, IT executives in government and other organizations and key opinion formers to advance Google Cloud’s public policy and business objectives. You will also coordinate and represent Google Cloud in strategic industry associations, and address policy risks that impact the Google Cloud business.
Technology moves quickly, so it’s important that we work closely with politicians, regulators, academics and third parties around the issues that affect the Internet and our users. We advocate for Google on the big public policy issues of the day and often play a part in high-profile debates. In this role, you’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage different campaigns and projects to tight deadlines. You’ll apply your expertise to real-world scenarios, acting as an inspiring advocate and enthusiastic team player eager to help shape the future of Internet and mobile policy.
- Define and implement regional EMEA objectives for the global policy team on cloud-related issues.
- Work within a global team to develop public policy strategies and positions for Google Cloud, including the creation of materials supporting advocacy on those positions.
- Work closely with product, legal, sales, marketing, communications and engineering teams and provide advice on matters related to privacy, data protection and governance, user trust, security and safety, environment, standard setting and other regulatory developments pertaining to the Google Cloud business.
- Advise Cloud teams on issues pertaining to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) implementation in Europe.
- Support global teams that work with trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups, and other allies to promote and build support for Google Cloud’s public policy positions.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Political Science, Public Policy or related fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working within government, think tanks, public interest groups, technology industry groups or corporations.
- Experience working on public policy for cloud-related technologies.
- Experience leading policy initiatives at scale in a large organization.
- Familiarity with internet technologies, relating to Cloud and the surrounding policy environments, including expertise in privacy and data governance issues.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business implications of public policy and experience working closely with and advising product or engineering teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, political, analytical, communications and government relations skills with the ability to integrate public policy with business strategy and corporate development.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.