GMF Berlin office seeks Intern
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) strengthens transatlantic cooperation on regional, national, and global challenges and opportunities in the spirit of the Marshall Plan.
GMF does this by supporting individuals and institutions working in the transatlantic sphere, by convening leaders and members of the policy and business communities, by contributing research and analysis on transatlantic topics, and by providing exchange opportunities to foster renewed commitment to the transatlantic relationship.
The Berlin office is seeking an
energetic and detail-oriented Intern
interested in diplomacy and transatlantic relations. The internship will focus on gaining in-depth knowledge of the foundation and
offers an ideal opportunity to acquire substantive professional experience for those interested in a career in public policy or international affairs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supporting the program staff in a variety of tasks such as conducting research on current political events (US elections) and developments (digital topics, innovation, Digital Single Market in Europe).
- Assisting in event planning
Maintaining the Berlin office database.
- Various administrative tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Great organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong interest in new technologies and social media.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. and Outlook.
- Experience in web writing/design and online communications a plus.
- Confident communicating with high level contacts.
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English and German required.
Start and Length of Internship
Preferred starting date: April 1st, 2016
Preferred length of internship: 3 months
Please note that Non-EU-citizens need to either have a student status or already be in possession of a work permit.
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter and current resume (as one document) to Franka Ellman: email@example.com. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only contact candidates of interest.