GIZ sucht Project Manager Information and Communication Technology Perspectives for Supporting Modern Youth
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our work in Iraq/Baghdad, we are looking for a
for the project Information and Communication Technology
Perspectives for Supporting Modern Youth
Political instability, resurgent regional conflicts and a slowly developing private sector with a low level of diversification and few drivers for growth or employment hinder future prospects in Iraq, especially for young people. The goals and desires of young people are generally in the field of education, security and employment. There is also a high and growing level of interest in digital technologies and their potential applications. Against this backdrop, the project aims to improve access to IT-related employment opportunities for young people in Iraq, with a focus on the following three areas: developing and operating multi-functional Smart Business and Innovation Hubs, providing access to (online and offline) vocational training schemes in the area of digital technology, and supporting business and tech start-ups.
This position focuses on the area of expertise.
- Developing technical strategies and assisting with the support and advisory activities offered by the implementing partners.
- Engaging in close cooperation and coordination with the implementing partners as well as the respective stakeholders from the private and public sector, universities and the government stakeholders involved.
- Helping with the commercial and administrative organisation of the project and its implementation.
- Providing technical support for project communication with political partners in Iraq and guiding technical cooperation with diverse local and international stakeholders on site.
- Completed university degree in economics, media or communication studies or a related field
- Several years of relevant professional experience in the areas of digital trends and digital education paired with experience working with tech start-ups
- Knowledge of current educational and learning methods related to the project’s technical context is an advantage
- Professional experience, preferably in similar contexts, and a political-cultural understanding of the region
- Business fluency in English; knowledge of Arabic or Kurdish is an advantage
- Interest in developing a project that promotes innovative technology and peace paired with a passion for working with young people of various ethnic backgrounds
As soon as possible – June 2020
Fine-particle pollution in the assignment location exceeds the permissible threshold in Europe by a considerable degree. The candidate receive information on appropriate safety measures and behaviour in the context of the selection process and medical examination.
Baghdad is in the highest CTO category, meaning that the candidate will live and work in a secured compound. GIZ aims to set up a small team in Baghdad and eventually a country office. Iraqi partner institutions very much welcome close cooperation and have demonstrated their strong support for the project. Against this backdrop, the candidate can expect a challenging, yet very interesting position which offers the scope to shape your work and the chance to assume responsibility in an area of international cooperation that will be important in future.
Baghdad is not a location suitable for families. Medical care is limited. The climate in Baghdad is characterised by hot, dry summers and cool winters.
What we offer you
We create new prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our staff to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our approximately 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
More information can be found here: http://j.mp/GIZ33313