European International Contractors (EIC) seeks Policy Officer (m/f) / Referent (m/w) International Markets
European International Contractors (EIC) is a European federation based in Berlin, Germany, which has as its full members construction industry federations from 15 countries as well as associated company members from construction-related industries. The EIC mandate is to represent the international interests of the European construction industry and therefore maintains relations with all European and international organisations with policies relevant for the international construction business, such as the European Commission, the EIB, the OECD and the World Bank. According to international statistics, the market share of European contractors on the international construction market amounted to around 50% in 2016.
We are looking for a
Policy Officer (m/f)
, preferably full-time, starting 1st January, 2018, who shall have the following
key areas of responsibility:
- Coordinating, preparing and taking minutes of all EIC meetings;
- Preparing drafts for EIC positions as well as PowerPoint presentations;
- Processing cover letters to European and international institutions;
- Monitoring and reporting on relevant policy initiatives on EU and World Bank level;
- Organising meetings with EU and EIB policy offers;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Degree in Law, Economics, Political Science or similar;
- Experience as a Policy Officer or Personal Assistant or in a similar environment is desirable;
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English and French, and good knowledge of German (office language in our Berlin location); proficiency in a another European language is desirable;
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to deal with queries of members and to speak with other stakeholders in a confident manner;
- Ability to draft reports, minutes and position papers;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word and PowerPoint);
- Experience in organising high-level board meetings;
- A high level of professionalism, self-motivation, organisation and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Intercultural competencies and willingness for regular travelling within Europe;
- Effectively organise and prioritise workload.
We are offering a full-time (or part-time on request) German employment contract in a well-equipped office in the centre of Berlin with payment depending on previous work experience.
Please submit a full CV with a short motivation letter and a sample of your communication output to email@example.com. Make sure to email all documents in English and French using the subject line ‘EIC Policy Officer – Your Name’ Please, also specify your salary expectations and date of availability.
Deadline is 15th November, 2017 but applications are reviewed as soon as they are submitted.