European Climate Foundation sucht Strategic Communications Director Europe
Strategic Communications Director Europe
About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was established in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help Europe foster the development of a low-carbon society and play an even stronger international leadership role to mitigate climate change. The foundation works through several sectoral, cross-cutting and regional initiatives and collaborates with a wide network of grantees and partners to advance progress towards this shared goal.
The ECF’s Strategic Communications Team is the outreach unit of the foundation. Its role is to act as a centre of expertise for communication on climate change and to play an active role in helping create more political, media and public endorsement for action on climate change at an international, national and sectoral level. Team members deliver strategic advice, communications and outreach support to ECF’s programmes and its grantees, and work as part of a global network of communications experts to enhance the public debate on climate change and its solutions more broadly.
Scope of the role
The ECF’s Strategic Communications Team currently accepts applications for an experienced and highly driven team leader to oversee the work of the ECF’s in-house communications capacity and direct the European arm of an international network of communications professionals in the field of climate and energy. The role offers a unique opportunity for an individual with a sincere interest in European politics, climate change and its solutions to work with a talented team and play an active role in helping speed up the low carbon transition in Europe.
Duties and responsibilities
The Strategic Communications Director Europe is responsible for:
- Participating in high-level strategic discussions to ensure political and communications strategies are aligned and effective in supporting shared priorities
- Overseeing ECF in-house communications capacity in their work to co-develop and co-deliver political communications strategies with the wider European climate community
- Co-facilitating the work of an international network of communications specialists who work to enhance the wider public debate on climate change
- Creating an inspiring team environment and proactively supporting professional development and growth of team members
- Capacity-building on strategic communications planning and delivery for the wider climate community
- Internal and external monitoring and reporting
Key competencies and characteristics
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the organisation
- 10+ years of professional experience in the fields of strategic communication, political campaigning and/or journalism
- A solid understanding of the European political, media and climate change landscape
- Multiple years of experience in managing diverse teams in an international environment
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Strong vision and the ability to make sound decisions in highly pressured environments
- Excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written); wider European language and cultural skills welcome
Brussels, Paris, London or Berlin
What we can offer you
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with ambition and a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A full-time permanent position;
- A competitive salary.
As soon as possible
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short cover letter to the following email address:
Please, indicate ´Recruitment – Strategic Communications Director Europe´ in the Subject line. Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for the work location in case applicable. Telephone calls will not be forwarded to the recruitment team. Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Deadline for applications
Sunday 8th April, 2018
Early applications are encouraged, and an appointment may be made before the deadline if the right candidate is found.
For more information on the ECF, please visit www.europeanclimate.org