Dropbox sucht Head of Government Affairs, Germany
Head of Government Affairs,
Germany (Berlin or Hamburg)
Dropbox supports hundreds of millions of creators and innovators around the world. Our mission is to simplify the way people work together. Dropbox Business is trusted by over 200,000 companies to safeguard their most important information. As we continue to build the best place to create, share, and work with others, there’s a perfect spot for you to grow with us.
Our Legal, Policy, Trust & Security teams help keep users and their stuff safe, protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and are always synced with the Dropbox teams they work with. We deal with novel issues every day while standing up for users and helping the company and product grow.
As Dropbox’s Head of Government Affairs in Germany, you will lead the development and implementation of a public affairs strategy to support our business objectives in Germany. You will analyze and interpret the policy environment to help inform business decision making. You will build and maintain relationships with policymakers and influencers and promote understanding of our business and our values. You will develop and advocate positions that promote an optimal regulatory environment for Dropbox to operate in. You will build coalitions with industry partners and civil society. Your experience and understanding of the policy environment in Germany will enable you to act as a strategic adviser inside Dropbox and a strong ambassador outside. This role will report to our Director of Public Policy and Government Affairs for EMEA. It will be based in either Berlin or Hamburg with regional and international travel as needed.
- Develop and implement Dropbox’s public policy and government affairs strategy for Germany
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues and developments of importance to Dropbox and ensure information and advice is provided to the relevant business functions
- Work with the team to drive the creation and refinement of strategic policy positions and prioritize policy interests against business objectives
- Advocate on behalf of Dropbox in executive, regulatory, and legislative settings
- Partner with industry leaders, trade associations, civil society organisations, think tanks, and other external constituents to build support for our business positions
- Craft policy position documents, talking points, and other materials for internal and external communication
- Create and execute compelling communication strategies around policy priorities and partner with Dropbox’s communications team in media and public relations efforts
- Counsel senior company executives on the policy implications of strategic business decisions
- Manage the relationship with and work programme of external consultants
- 8+ years experience in policy settings in Germany, prior policy experience with a global technology company or trade association preferred
- Demonstrable track record in influencing public policy positions and policymaker perceptions
- Established network of policy contacts at Federal level
- Passionate and knowledgeable about technology policy
- Experienced at working with government officials, industry partners, and civil society organizations
- Accomplished at strategy development and implementation
- Skilled at advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences, persuasively and diplomatically
- Adept at building relationships at the individual level and coalitions at the organization level
- Sweats the details of complicated and nuanced issues, from a policy, business, and relationships perspective
- Guided by a personal integrity that reflects Dropbox’s core values and commitment to our users’ trust
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both German and English
- Distinguished academic record with a degree in a relevant field
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).