Airbnb seeks Public Affairs Manager-DACH (m/f)
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Currently, Airbnb is looking for a
Public Affairs Manager-DACH (m/f)
The Communications team is responsible for telling the Airbnb story around the world. Whether it’s speaking to media and bloggers, hosts and guests, industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community, the Communications team is the voice of Airbnb. We’re a fast growing, high energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you’d like to be part of one of the world’s greatest Communications teams, come tell us your story.
The position will be based in Berlin, Germany and require travel to other European offices as well as to our headquarters in San Francisco. As a member of the Public Affairs team, you will work closely with the PR, policy and legal teams in to help maintain and advance the company’s position with relevant stakeholders and to help tell our story to a wide range of journalists and community members on the many ways Airbnb makes cities better places to live, work and visit.
You must be comfortable and confident in working directly with journalists; managing media enquiries on deadline and helping design and deliver communications plans supporting policy and brand objectives. We’re looking for an effective and creative communicator who has the ability to explain complex ideas in simple ways.
- Support public affairs communications in DACH
- Deliver communications projects targeting key stakeholders within the European Union
- Handle day-to-day media inquiries
- Develop written materials – story pitches, messaging guidelines, Q&As, presentations, speeches etc
- Help prepare company spokespeople for public speaking engagements, media interviews etc
- Build relationships with key media
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluency in English and in German.
- 6+ years PR/Public Affairs experience, either working in a PR agency or in-house
- Experience working on communications around policy matters
- Excellent writing skills
- Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
- Experience working on projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communications and inter-personal skills
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations
- An international outlook and passion for travel
Place your application here: https://www.airbnb.de/…