This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Adidas seeks VP Global Government Affairs (m/f)
Adidas seeks a
VP Global Government Affairs (m/f)
- This position will lead and manage the outreach to governments and relations to industry associations for adidas Group in Headquarter and coordinates/aligns communication with governments in all relevant countries/subsidiaries. It leads important public policy analysis predominantly from a trade-perspective as a senior lead-member of the Global Legal & Compliance team.
- Advocate and promote with the appropriate government officials an environment of fair trade and competition and develop a strategy, and work closely with General Counsel, GOPS to maximize adidas Group’s competitive advantage and minimize the adverse impact of trade defense measures initiated by government of importing countries against exporting countries.
- Establish strong relationships/net-work with government officials, regulators and stakeholders at national level in exporting countries in areas of importance to adidas Group businesses to minimize the adverse impact of protective measures against imports (tariff- and non-tariff-related) by relevant importing countries as it relates to legislation-development and trade-agreement negotiations. This includes also the support to subsidiaries/markets by leveraging of adidas Group’s leading position in the industry-sector of sporting goods.
- Manage policy analysis and advocacy, including such areas as trade and market access policy; intellectual property policy and enforcement; and provide internal know-how on effective political influencing and communication.
- Coordinate with SEA policy management team to ensure consistency in outreach to governments/political stakeholders.
- Lead the education of government officials and key stakeholders about adidas Group‘s activities and contributions to important countries economy, developing win-win strategies, and building goodwill and a strong reputation among government officials and key stakeholders who influence government decision-making.
- Provide fast-response and expert support to adidas board and risk-management leaders to manage the exposure arising from tax and trade agreements to leverage our sourcing and distribution opportunities.
- Understand the organization’s current and future business objectives/-priorities on a timely basis as to how specific legislative and other governmental developments might affect the adidas Group and develop and direct the implementation of the appropriate strategies together with General Counsel, GOPS to minimize negative impact and ensure adidas’ competitive advantages.
- Influence, when appropriate, actions of legislative or executive bodies on strategic matters using resources such as trade associations, issue-related coalitions, direct relationships and contract lobbyists from a position that supports the adidas Group’s business objectives. German government and European Union Institutions lobbying is directly assigned to the position.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key federal, state and/or local officials foremost in countries/states of strategic growth value to as adidas, as well as personnel in key business associations (i.e. Chambers of Commerce, Manufacturers associations, trade associations.) to enable effective and economical lobbying activities;
- Closely manage the work of any external law firms if any of the work needs to be outsourced as approved by General Counsel, GOPS and or regional management in countries concerned.
- Ensuring that the above engagements with government officials, business associations & contract lobbyists are conducted in a manner that is professional, compliant with federal and state ethics laws, compliant with the adidas Group Code of Conduct & otherwise reflective of adidas Group corporate values.
- Support any governmental work handled by local Government Relationships functional members by leveraging the Head-Quarter-net-work/government-contacts.
- Consult with and keep the General Counsel and Senior leads of legal team appropriately informed in respect of the above work and define together government affairs priorities.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in English and German (as the position assumes directly the communication with German government institutions from a HQ-perspective)
- Fluency in an additional language is of value
- Proven diplomacy and advocacy skills to effectively handle relationships with government officials
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to secure support from key government agencies and regulators relevant to the technology industry
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and consensus building skills/presentation skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Master-Degree in economics or political sciences or relevant degree in public affairs and governmental relationship management or a corresponding Law-degree preferably with focus on International Trade legislation or related subjects
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in government relations, policy- related legal practice, and/or in central government agencies/administration
- Relevant experience working in a multinational organization and/or sporting goods industry is highly desirable
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
1416 total views, 4 today Print Job