Abbott Diabetes Care (ADC) seeks Freelance Public Affairs Manager (m/f)
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and established pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 77,000 people.
In Germany, Abbott has approximately 2,600 employees working in manufacturing, research and development, logistics, sales and marketing. They are located at Abbott’s German headquarters in Wiesbaden and its sites in Ettlingen, Hanover, Ludwigshafen, Neustadt am Rübenberge, Wetzlar and Witten.
Abbott Diabetes Care (ADC) Germany in Wiesbaden / Delkenheim is looking for a
Freelance Public Affairs Manager (m/f)
The Freelance Public Affairs Manager will strongly contribute to the development, implementation and execution of strategic public relations, managing the reputation and citizenship programs for Abbott’s Diabetes Care business in Germany in alignment with corporate and business priorities.
- Oversee all communications activities for Abbott’s Diabetes Care business in Germany. Strong emphasis on supporting and building Abbott’s reputation, brand and industry position in the country. This includes selection and oversight of Public Relations agencies.
- Partner with Government Affairs and Regulatory Affairs along with external industry associations (as appropriate) to develop proactive positions and messages on key public policy issues.
Cultivate, maintain and develop sound relationships with media and other key external influencers.
- Act as the primary company spokesperson for Abbott’s diabetes care business in Germany, formulating messaging to support company image, brands and business, in response to media or other internal and external inquiries.
- Anticipate and proactively identify potential issues and develop action plans to address them (with input from business and relevant functions).
- Manage local crisis and issues related to the company and its businesses/brands. Coordinate regular crisis management training and incorporate local approach to corporate global crisis plan.
- Manage media monitoring and analysis activity.
- Effectively work with local, regional and global business and Public Affairs organizations in a matrix environment and collaborative manner.
- Reporting line: Abbott Diabetes Care Director of Public Affairs; dotted line to Regional Public Affairs Director, EMEA
- Minimum 15 years of corporate communications/public relations experience. Understanding of German healthcare market dynamics and U.S. business practices necessary.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required. Proven record in managing national media relations, stakeholder relations, product publicity and issues/crisis management in a collaboration-oriented environment, in Germany. Proven success in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Healthcare industry experience is a plus.
- Fluent in English and German.
- Some travel throughout Germany and to other countries, including U.S., necessary.
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide a variety of development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company’s success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Abbott is a truly diverse and global company. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all candidates.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you’ve got what it takes? Then send us your CV today (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to receiving your application.